- Maureen Walker AFCA, award winning contemporary artist and master silk painter, with paintings in private and corporate collections in North America and the U.K.
- Art educated in England and Europe where her interest in art history led her to explore the works of early 20th Century abstract painters, particularly Paul Klee, Lyonel Feininger and Wassily Kandinsky - influenced by The Bauhaus, Cubism and Vorticism.
- Trained Adult Education teacher, teaching silk painting, composition and abstraction.
- Established her first Canadian studio, Pioneer Silk Studio, in 1999 - founded the Vancouver Island Silk Painters in 2000.
- Member of the Federation of Canadian Artists since 2001 - mentored by Don Farrell RI, RBA, SFCA - awarded AFCA Signature status in 2005 - former president of the FCA Arrowsmith Chapter.
- Member of the International Guild of Silk Painters since its inception in 1993.
- Book of paintings and poems printed 2006.
- Paintings regularly juried into high profile shows, including Vancouver, Canada, New Mexico, Massachusetts and Washington State U.S.A.
"Art is not a mirror held up to reality, but a hammer with which to shape it." Bertolt Brecht
"Art does not reproduce the visible; rather, it makes visible." Paul Klee 1920
Paintings, physical and digital, priced at $2.20 Canadian per square inch. Questions? CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org